Do you plan to launch a blog for your corporation this year to make your brand more visible online and acquire more potential customers? Or, do you want to breathe new life into the existing blog which doesn’t seem to attract many readers so far? However, content marketing is a proven tool to help your business grow. People are responsive to brand-generated content as well: 84% of consumers actually expect brands to create vivid and engaging content!
We hope we have inspired you with this stats. So, where do you start about business blog and how to define what kind of content your buyers expect from you? Is it necessary to hire a grammar editor to look through your copy prior to posting? What to choose as a support strategy: search engines optimization, social media, or digital marketing? We have summarized the years of successful work with texts and experience of the best blogging practices of Getessayeditor.com and are ready to share the tried-and-true advice with you. Enjoy!
1. Make high-quality your priority
If you want one major rule of content marketing in 2019, here it is: your blog posts have to be well-written and valuable for your target customers. You can occasionally neglect other promotional rules, but if your pre-written post doesn’t meet these two main criteria, you should not post it at all! The time and attention are limited resources for the contemporary audience, so you have to write a breathtaking text to make them care.
2. Define your desired ROI
Even before you get down to coming up with the first post, you need to determine clearly what you strive to receive from it and how you’re going to measure results. Do you want to increase the position of your website in search engines results, get more shares on social media or sell your new product fast? The best practices for writing a blog will vary according to each purpose. Think of what type of reaction you await from your users upon reading the post and write with this action in mind. With a clearly defined goal, you’ll apply the most fruitful methods and achieve the result faster.
3. Go beyond the standard of blogging best practices
If you’ve already done the research on your competitors, you know that the most popular blog post topics are ‘how-to’s, guidance, and promotional posts. While these forms of posts might be useful in certain cases, don’t restrain your content strategy with them. Stuck and cannot come up with the original blog post idea for a blog? Here are a few examples that work for every industry:
4. Bring value rather than promote
It goes without saying that the purpose of creating a blog is to promote your business and increase sales in the long run. However, don’t make your intentions clear in every blog post you write. To draw a lot of readers, you need to write authentic and vivid posts on the subjects which are of interest for your key audience and prospective customers. For instance, if you’re running a store with goods for kids, write about anything that is of interest for parents – how to teach kids, keep them healthy and handle other concerns that the young parents may encounter. You might want to add some entertaining content as well – share some memes or write about successful book-to-movie adaptations.
5. Opt for longer post formats
To continue the previous point, long-form content works better for creating meaningful, helpful content and covering the issue comprehensively. An article of 2,000+ words is enough to give your readers comprehensive information on the subject. Don’t be misguided by the myths that nobody likes longreads – the people who want to find the solution to their problem or gather the information now read long-form content more frequently than ever. And, if you manage to consistently give content that resolves people’s problems, their trust for your enterprise will only grow. This is how the best blogging practices work.
6. Give your readers more than others do
Long posts go hand in hand with providing your clients with exclusive information they will not find anywhere else. Neither on their social media pages, nor on other blogs. Publishing more for the sake of length is not enough – you need to provide a unique angle on the item or apply the original method to blogging for a high result. For example, if there’s huge news in your industry, don’t just repeat it as your rivals do. Interview an influential person, analyze how it will affect your consumers or add some humor, and you’ll already be a huge step ahead.
7. Post regularly and stick to the calendar
As well as your plan for practicing yoga for better digestion, your content posting schedule needs to be consistent, without the unexpected breaks. You needn’t post every day – the quality beats quantity. However, if your readers are used to receiving fresh blog posts from you three times a week, after a five-day delay they’ll likely go somewhere else. If you struggle to publish high-quality posts on time, either reconsider your plan or hire skilled copywriters for creating or revising blog texts.
8. Experiment with different types of content
Who said that your blog post should exist only in text format? Try out different multimedia content styles to figure out which type of content your clients are most responsive. Come up with an infographic, record a short ‘how-to’ video or even record the interview podcast with a business owner or the industry influencer. Interfering long articles with multimedia will definitely liven up your blog.
9. Master the art of storytelling, blogging pros recommend
FAQ’s, recommendations and how-to’s are the easiest to write, but they will not make a go of your content marketing efforts. To evoke the emotional connection with your readers, you need to opt for the storytelling. Tell your readers the brand’s history, describe how your product or service helped your clients in the past or come up with an intriguing text. The stories help your product look more human and usually generate more feedback than standard blog articles.
10. Find a copyeditor from the best blogging companies
If your schedule is too busy or you’re just not a wordsmith, it’s better to assign a blog to a competent copywriter. For example, our agency provides a full range of blogging, copyediting and proof reading assistance. An experienced American writer will make the necessary amount of content according to your requirements and instruction. You can choose a deadline by yourself – urgent copywriting is no problem. Our experts provide customized help for each client to ensure that you’ll leave satisfied with the quality of content created by us. So, if blogging is not your cup of tea and you don’t feel like learning spelling standards (such as these rules for tenses: http://getessayeditor.com/blog/grammar-rules-future-tenses-in-english), you don’t have to.
11. Keep the dialogue with your readers and subscribers
It goes without saying that your blog posts, either on your official website or on social media, should end with a call to action. However, having asked for the opinion or feedback from your readers, you’ll need to respond to their comments and keep the dialogue. Responsiveness to your readers increases loyalty and attracts the occasional visitors, turning them to subscribers and then to clients.Thus, the best blogging practices are usually supported by well-considered social media strategies.
12. Use SEO for an effective promotion
In 2019, your blog should not be written for search engines only. You need to focus on developing informative, compelling content. However, a few minor SEO tricks won’t do you any harm. Include links to the trusted websites (such as reputable news sites or educational resources), use keywords naturally and add one-of-a-kind pictures or graphics. If you’re not familiar with search engines, talk to a marketing or copywriting consultant.
The strategies for a corporate blog are based on three main principles.
1. Make your post easy to skim through
Lots of studies have previously proven that people rarely actually read the web content – they skim it through. So, make your blog posts as skimmable as possible – add lists, subheadings, use shorter sentences and make paragraphs 5-7 lines in length. Search engines like such texts too.
2. Work on the usability of your website
You might compose awesome texts and even invest in a digital marketing campaign, but who will care if your blog looks like it’s stuck in the 2000s? Make sure that your site looks up-to-date, loads quickly both on desktop and mobile, and the design and formatting are pleasant for an eye.
3. Make it easy to share and subscribe
If you want more email subscribers and more shares on Twitter and Facebook, make sure that both of these actions are convenient for the reader. Put the social buttons next to the text or at the end of the article. Place the “Subscribe” box at the bottom of the page or as a pop-up window. If your subscription option is not easy to find, chances are that the visitor will give it up.
Following the above guidance will help you produce far better blog posts as well as other types of texts. You cannot question the significance of grammar and spelling, knowledge of your audience and the importance of helpful content. However, perfection takes practice. If you want a perfectly written content but aren’t sure of your ability concerning its creating, it’s better to rely on outside help.
In addition to an academic level and PhD editing, the copywriting team of Getessayeditor com can take on all your tasks, from updating your blog regularly to preparing selling content for your landing page. If you already have a pre-written content, you can send it to us for review and correction as well.
Our charges for copywriting are quite cheap – go to our Price page and make sure. Moreover, you’ll get a 20% discount off your first order. Still got questions? Our assistant will gladly answer them via live chat. Make your first step towards bigger brand awareness and more loyal clients with a great company blog!
Our company has been working on personal and corporate blogs for a long time. Obviously, tendencies are constantly changing. Today we are going to discuss analytics of the previous year and reveal the primary tendencies of 2019 in the sphere of blogging.
Our working process was intense and fascinating. Specialists chose ten blogs for this experiment. The following elements were analyzed:
– writing style,
– frequency of posting blogs,
– traffic rate,
– supporting strategies, etc.
We used monthly reports and the following analytic tools to evaluate the efforts of our bloggers:
– Google analytics,
Blogging is what helps to build businesses and corporate empires. That is why it deserves maximum attention.
1. A plan is a must. The number of articles you publish per month should be approximately the same. This is how you get dedicated readership and high monthly traffic. A regular subscriber often becomes a loyal customer.
2. Reliability. It is important to check every data source that you mention. Base your personal insights on proven information and experience.
3. Social platforms. Blogs must be convenient for sharing. It should be simple to find a button with a related contact on social media and click it. Say, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. A contact for an email is also helpful. It is good when a user has an opportunity to tweet or comment on the text. Let alone to follow your account and join a group. On top of everything, hash tags used in such networks also work good for promotion.
4. Understand the philosophy of a search engine. Google notices keywords in a title and other crucial places of the text. Every keyword that is put correctly helps to reach high ranking positions. It deals with a headline, subtitles, and even a caption to an image. SEO can improve ranking positions significantly. It is a solid reason for using this method.
5. Learn to cooperate effectively. Interviews featured famous bloggers are perceived positively. Invite thought leaders to take part in your blogging project.
6. Value of an inbound and an internal link. Both these references are crucial for online promotion. Putting links means making a network in the world of your product. In doing so, you build channels between particular hubs. They help to guide customers through the labyrinth of your website, as well as take users to other platforms. People appreciate this convenience and new helpful resources. Thus, they visit your portal more often.
8. Leverage natural organic means rather than paid methods. Investing in original and catchy blogs, you get more chances for winning users’ appreciation. These methods are not as annoying as paid advertising, for instance. This approach will help you optimize your budget and even build the best blogging strategy.
9. Monitor your blogs. If you are interested in long-term results, do not ignore analytics. Check ranking parameters from time to time. For instance, you can do it once a month. Modern digital tools offer an opportunity to do it fast and effectively.
10. Do not forget to update content when crucial events happen in your sphere. News on unique experience, achievements, and products attract readers most of all.
11. Think bigger. The best blogging practices are not restricted to writing texts for one portal. In combination with other ways of promotion, they ensure positive synergetic effects. One can pick platforms for guest blogging, for example. Famous bloggers experiment with various types of content while building their careers. If you started a corporate blog, follow their example. Not only words can explain a topic. What about sounds and visual objects? Add video, audio podcasts, interactive tools to your content. All this increases traffic and boosts popularity.
Apparently, there is no one universal formula for all products. The best blogging practices vary in accordance with different conditions:
- the scale of business (regional, global);
- specifics of products;
- user’s profile;
- goals for businesses. etc.
In any case, the best blogging practices imply guides to online popularity. Such campaigns are focused on building the great world around your name. Recognition and appreciation are won with the help of valuable content. This is how they reach a customer of your product and, thus, improve brand awareness.
|Google is the main judge for bloggers. Still, its algorithms are based on human behavior. The traffic raises only when blogs are interesting to users.|
The search engine will not raise ranking positions if one does not build a blogging strategy around the targeted audience. Remember that it is important to focus efforts on content within their interests and life goals. Understanding of this core principle will definitely bring you success.
Try our service for FREE!Click here